Dan Sadeh B.Comm
Call or Text Anytime (647) 299-0710
Selling Your House
You have decided it is time to sell your house or condo and you are looking to get the best possible price for it. Marketing your home to reach the most amount of eligible buyers is the goal. Below are steps in involved when preparing your home for sale.
Work with a Professional Realtor
The knowledge and dedication of your Realtor is crucial to the successful sale of your home. A good agent will ensure a smooth, successful and stress-free sale.
Determine your selling criteria
Not only do you have to worry about selling your home, but you also have to think about where you are looking to buy. Determining a selling price is also important, but accepting an offer slightly below your asking price often leads to a quick sale. Your knowledgeable agent will ensure you are satisfied with the result of the sale.
Prepare your home for showings
Homes that are not prepared for showings are one of the main reasons why people fail to sell their homes. We all know the saying: “first impressions last a lifetime”- same thing goes for your home. If your home does not look its best, it will likely result in a sales disaster. This could mean checking both the insider and outside of your home.
- From the street, does the house have “curb appeal”? Does it need a new coat of paint? Or perhaps in need of a power wash?
- Is the grass nicely cut, are the hedges trimmed, are the leaves swept up?
- Is the lawn and landscaping attractive and well-kept? Any lawn decoration which may not be well received by the majority of buyers?
- Are the windows and doors clean and in good condition? Take note of door handles as well, are they clean and sturdy?
- Is the roof in good condition?
- Are the plumbing and electrical systems in updated and in functional condition?
- Are all light fixtures working properly?
- Does the inside need a fresh coat of paint? Perhaps something neutral to appeal to the masses?
- Are the appliances clean and in good working order?
- Are the carpets or other floor coverings clean and in good condition?
- Do you need to re-caulk around your sink, shower, tub and/or windows?
Research the local market
Knowledge about local market conditions is important for a smooth sale. Being realistic to market conditions will position yourself favorably to sell your home. There is no substitute for a real estate professional for acquiring market information.
Nowadays it is important to have an effective online presence. Most buyers begin their search online, and this trend is only growing. Your Realtor should have the tools necessary to expose your home to a wide range of online sources.
Real Estate Websites by Web4Realty